True Crime Podcasts: Live in Toronto: August 18 2019
We hope you can join us!
Sunday August 18
2 to 5 pm (Main show and meet and greet)
The Royal Cinema, Downtown Toronto
608 COLLEGE ST.
Tickets $25 CAD plus booking fee
Come and join some of your favourite true crime podcasters - and guests - for an afternoon at The Royal! There'll be a case presentation, panel discussions, an interactive Q&A, followed by a meet and greet.
The Case Presentation:
The Donnellys: Canada's most savage pioneer feud
An Irish immigrant family arrived in Lucan, Ontario in the 1840s, and almost immediately clashed with members of the local community. A fiery dispute erruped that would last for decades and escalate into madness, leaving a pile of bodies in its wake. Gritty and brutal, this well-known case has long been the subject of rumour and legend, but now is the chance to find out what really happened.
Written by Toronto true crime author Nate Hendley based on his book Black Donnellys, and presented by a panel of true crime podcasters, this story will grip you from start to finish.
Case presented by:
- Already Gone - Nina Innsted
- Canadian True Crime - Kristi Lee
- The Generation Why - Aaron Habel
- Nighttime Podcast - Jordan Bonaparte
- The Trail Went Cold - Robin Warder
Plus panel discussion with these special guests:
- Lee Mellor, criminologist, author and host of Murder Was the Case
- Mark Farrant, juror mental health advocate
- Nate Hendley, author, The Donnellys
- Rodney Stafford, father of Victoria Stafford and founder of Justice for Tori c/o Community Safety Partners
Followed by interactive Q&A and a meet and greet.
Bar service will be available.
Doors open at 2 pm, show starts at 2:15 pm.